Screaming newborn baby hidden under tomatoes in woman’s bag
Johannesburg metro police (JMPD) arrested a woman after she was found with a newborn baby hidden in a carrier bag in the city.
JMPD spokesperson Wayne Minnaar said community members alerted officers to the screams of the baby in the woman’s bag on Wednesday evening.
Minnaar said the baby was found hidden underneath a packet of tomatoes and onions.
He said the baby still had its umbilical cord attached. The incident happened on the corner of Simmonds and Lilian Ngoyi streets.
The woman claimed she had given birth on Wednesday, but the hospital confirmed that she had not given birth to the baby.
She was detained at the Johannesburg central police station and charged with child abduction.
She expected to appear in court soon.
- ASUU strike:FG postpones meeting with ASUU
- Nigerian Publisher Betty Irabor Writes Very Interesting Note To Women In Abusive Relationships
- JUST IN!!! Court Rules In Emir’s Suit Against IG Adamu, Five Others
- Armed-robbers Kill Okada Man In Niger State, Steal His Motorcycle;
- Police Confirm Abduction Of Taraba Assembly Minority Leader